Commercial Law

Commercial contract advice and drafting

Advice regarding:

The Corporations Act
The Australian Consumer Law (eg unfair contract terms, consumer rights when buying goods and services, penalties and enforcement powers)
Representation in all forums:

courts from the local to the NSW Supreme Court
administrative bodies
Alternative dispute resolution, including:

expert determination

Mould in a Rental Property

In this post we will discuss what a tenant (ie renter or leasee) do if his or her house is mouldy? Can the lease be terminated and can compensation be claimed? A landlord has an obligation provide a property that is clean and fit for habitation at the start of the lease. The landlord also has an obligation to maintain…